Original goal: 10,000 words
Actual relevant academic writing: 7,912
- Proposal for “Politics, Activism, and the History of America’s Public
- Curriculum Final Paper on the curricular choices of charter schools
- Factor Analysis Write-up
- Peer review of philosophy in ed paper
Projects not completed (or even started for that matter):
- School Lunch Journal Article
OK – so not a terrible month. If job applications, updates on my resume and CV or other things like that counted I would be well over 20k. However this was about academic writing, so they don’t.
I want to keep giving myself targets. Not so much word targets, but goals for things to get done. So, for the semester break (ie now until January 15th), despite the holidays and the fact that my mother is coming to visit for 10 days* I want to get the following things done:
- First draft of School Lunch Journal Article
- First draft of paper for big conference in March (with mentor); This project is actually larger than a conference paper since we intend to get 2 journal articles out of it, one of which will be a review of literature that needs some kind of tabular presentation, so that will involve some thinking and planning
- Read 5-10 journal articles per week toward this paper
- Search to find any former reviews of literature in the topic so that we have a starting date
- Pin my adviser down on my comps or officially dump him in favor of mentor and pin HIM down. I need to be ABD by the end of spring semester, which means comps and proposal done.
- Read at least 1 book per week relevant to my work, starting with
- 50 Major Thinkers on Education: From Confucius to Dewey
- 50 Modern Thinkers on Education: From Piaget to the Present Day
- Between Church and State: Religion and Public Education in a Multicultural America
- Multilevel Analysis for Applied Research: It’s Just Regression!
- Others to be identified
- Apply for more online adjunct positions
That’s a lot of work, but it’s the 4th, my classes are done, and I’m giving myself until 1/15. That should be enough time. I hope….